Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Dedicated Audio Cable Towers

Source: 6moons.com May 2005

Dedicated Audio claims that "unlike the unsightly utility based porcelain insulator, our CABLE TOWERâ„¢ was specifically engineered and designed for home audio/video use. White paper tests results support it's superior performance properties. "



Viewpoint: I use porcelain cable elevators to elevate Kimber Kable 3035 speaker cables (see picture below). Same units of which Jonathan Valin, The Absolute Sound, said:

"The damn things do lower noise, increase dynamics, remove haze, and open up the top octaves. Once you listen to their effects, even a skeptic like me has to admit that it is hard to take them back out of the system. Music sounds more like music with the Cable Elevators in place. I recommend them strongly, especially given their price!"

I claim to hear the difference with elevators in place, but in all honestly I doubt whether I would hear/non-hear them in blind test. But it's the same with Shakti Stone and some other tweaks: without them I experience listening fatique.

Search Popdex: